Friday 12 June 2015

A Tinder Date?

Swipe left.
Swipe right.

Umm not bad. Swipe right.

OMG. That smile. That smile just made my day. She's like out of my league. And she's a lawyer. But that smile.
That is a million dollar smile. I could just keep looking at that smile forever and ever.
I'll swipe right for that smile. No chance of a match.

You and Nikita have a match.

Oh shit. Rohan was running around the room dancing and thinking like how did this happen?
Is this real? Like real? Did she just like me? Or was it by mistake?

"Hey. You have an amazing smile. PS not flirting."

"Hey there. That's so kind of you. Didn't take it that way. So you're a engineer and you write? Where do you get that sort of time from?"

"Its my passion for both. Hey this app takes up too much of my battery. Do you mind if we WhatsApp or something? That is if you dont have a problem."

"Ya sure. You're a marwadi!!. You're a marwadi!!."
"Ya I am a Jain marwadi. Why? What's the big deal?"

"History repeats itself. My ex was a Jain marwadi. You free in the evening? Let's meet up for some where."

"Sure."

She looked beautiful and formal wearing a magenta top and a long full navy blue skirt with a perfect amount of eye make up suiting her face.
Wow. She looks stunning. Her smile. Her face. The way she carries herself. She does not look like she's not from Mumbai.

"Let's go by metro. I haven't ever travelled by metro in Mumbai."
"Cool. TBSE saki naka will do?"

And then began the typical conversation every person from Mumbai and Delhi has when they meet. From metro's to markets, to people to happening food places to women safety to food.

Somebody said food? FOOD? Yes Food.
Yes food. and that's where we hit it off.

"What options do you have being a vegetarian? I pity you." and she gave a heartful laugh.

And we just continued talking about the different kinds of food we had and the different places to eat around. We kept ordering drinks not knowing the time. But i must give it to her for knowing more eating spots around Mumbai and her taste for food even though she is from Delhi. It was going good. Decently good. we seemed to have hit off well. Good beginning for me considering i was thinking of not having a chance. But then..

"My ex got married couple of months ago." And i was like what's with our ex's? Can't they just live in peace and let our lives and minds be at peace? But anyway that was not the point because i too was sailing in a similar boat.
"He too was a Jain. wanted to get married early as they do in your community. I am too young for it. Not even settled...."

"He must a rich Marwadi. Why do you need to be settled? I asked mockingly.
"He is a pure vegetarian too. I was ready to leave non-veg for him..."

"That would have been a waste. And shocking too" I blurted out laughing.

She gave me a angry look but then laughed.

We kept looking at each other, fought over the bill and then i dropped her to another TBSE where she was to meet more friends.

Yes she got a heavy heart, a messy soul, a reckless mind and i think its beautiful the way she carries herself.

Tinder isn't just meant for meet and sleep. Maybe interesting people can meet and hit up too, more often. We need to clear are heads and conscience.

No comments:

Post a Comment