Wednesday 16 July 2014

Love by chance?

"Do I love her? Should I tell her? She will be shifting cities soon. I might not see her ever again. Does she love me too?"
These thoughts are running into my head as I lay down in bed. Suddenly a movie starts running through my head showcasing the beautiful memories I've had with her.

"Hey your phone will fall off from your pocket." I said pointing at her phone which was kept in the back pocket of her trousers. She removed her phone and held it in her hand giving him a angry look. That is how we met for the 1st time at the college canteen.

"You cannot be the comperer for the event. You're too silent and calm. We need someone lively and bold." I told her. I was recruiting for the college festival which was due in a month.
"Guys let's go out and take a break. We've worked enough for the week. Where do you guys want to go? "
"Marine Drive" was a unanimous answer from the group.
"This is so beautiful. This is the best place I've ever been my whole life. Wish I could stay here my entire life." Exclaimed her looking at the cloudy sunset showcasing the multi shaded sky in tinges of grey blue and orange.

"Close your eyes and feel the sea talk to you. It takes away every pain of your life. It makes you lighter but most importantly never judges you." I told her. She looked at me astonished.
"Do it!! " I insisted her.

"I've never felt so free in my life. I've always fought for freedom. I love my mom but she's too protective of me. She starts calling me by 5 30 to return home. I want to travel. I want to see the world. But I don't want to hurt my mom. " she said with a tear in her eye.

"We keep ignoring the love and care when we have it but keep searching for it the rest of our lives.They trust you but they do not trust the world. Enjoy your freedom, love and care till you have it together because once anyone of them is gone you keep searching for it for the rest of your life." I said with a stern voice.

" You're pretty straight forward."
"That's why I'm hated by most and loved by few"

She smiled.
"You look like a sparrow."
"Your nose is bigger in proportion to your face"
"I don't look like a sparrow" I replied angrily. She laughed her heart out.
I fell in love with her smile. The innocent smile of freedom and faith. Smile after a struggle. A genuine struggle to not hurt the ones we love. I fell in love with her eyes that sparkled.
I fell in love with her.

"What's on between us?" She asked me with a blush and smile on her face making a mash up of her try to keep a poker face.
She was looking for an answer. A specific answer. I don't know what but those eyes just had love. Pure love.

"I don't know". I said with a diplomatic tone trying to keep a poker face and smile away from my face. All of a sudden it starts raining adding to the feeling. Music was definitely playing in our heads. Both had smiles on our face. A face of content.
"I don't want to complicate things. I don't want to hurt my mom. Nobody stays together forever." She said in a dismayed manner.

"Leave the complications to me. If you're sure you're not crossing any limits, not making any mistakes, convince your mom on what you're doing is right. She will rebel for a while trying to protect you. Do not push too much. Give it time. Convince her step by step that nothing's wrong and you're on the path of independence and you're confident of the fulfilling your responsibilities. She will understand with time." I told her with a calm tone.

She looked into my eyes with satisfaction and confidence as if she found what she was looking for. I needed time. Time to take things into my stride. Time to keep the smile on her face intact.
But I was sure. I had fallen in love with her.
I would tell her. Tell her with time. Taking one step at a time.



No comments:

Post a Comment