Saturday 12 October 2013

Dad

We usually hear songs and posts and all sorts of praises for our mothers but do we even remember the contribution of our father's?

The chocolates every night, the shoulders that carried you everywhere in the beautiful world, the endless times playing and teaching you outdoor sports are just small things our father's have done for us.

The dreams, the aspirations for us, their devotion and investment for the dreams, his support physically, mentally, financially. His teachings, methods to fight the world, handle finances, fulfill responsibilities with love and care but being harsh too. Him always standing behind you to fight with you in your problems, his happiness at your success, his support and motivation at your failures are all really important things we fail to see.

In the emotions and sacrifices of our mothers we fail to see the most important growth and building block support of our father's.

I still remember the endless number of times when dad supported me. Let me make mistakes and rectified them for me so that I learn. He always stood there like a rock.  His appreciation when I scored a 92 in my 10th, his anger and concern when I scored low in the 12th. He was strict showing me my mistake but he made me stand by helping me take my branch of interest.

Still remember all the gadgets he bought for me fighting mommy for me. Listening to the endless curses she put on him. His vision for me. His astrological predictions aand and warnings for me which were always bang on, his understanding of my love affair and his unsuccessful attempt of patching it back.

Miss his whistles that woke me up in the morning, miss his phone call at 9 at night asking me to pick him up, the 10 minute drive describing our day's going to each other, his way of feeding the worst veggies in the best possible way but what I miss most is his innocent sweet happy nature which taught me honesty and hard work showing me that struggles with hard work always give you sweet fruits.

Miss his signature on my job offer letter,  teaching me the different scenarios and rituals of life. His systematic nature, straightforward working and his easy go attitude is always remembered at every juncture.

Miss you daddy. Keep blessing me and guiding me always. Always loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment